Coronavirus and driving lessons
Before lessons begin our instructors will follow these guidelines:
Before collecting you for your lesson:
- We will call or text you and check if you have had any symptoms of the virus within the last 7 days.
- Check if you know anyone or have been in contact with anyone that is showing symptoms or has been doing so within the last 14 days.
- Politely remind you to wash your hands immediately before leaving the house for your lesson. If you want to wear disposable gloves, put them on just before getting into the car. Hand sanitiser will also be available if needed.
- We may get out of the car at the beginning and end of every lesson, weather permitting, for the recap and debrief.
- Explain that between lessons we have cleaned down door handles inside and out, windows and mirror controls, seat and head restraints, seatbelt and its connection, gear lever, steering wheel, indicator and wiper stalks, car keys and training resources.
- Explain that the windows will be open as much as possible during the lesson to allow for ventilation, and that you may need to wrap up warm as it might be cooler in the car.
- Face masks: At the moment the use of Face masks for driving tests are Mandatory, so during your driving lesson you will be expected to wear a mask. Your instructor will also be wearing one.
- During the lesson:
Visual aids and any training resources will be held up and not passed between the instructor and pupil
- Any writing will be done by the Instructor and there will be no sharing of pens or devices/teaching aids